Fixed: Print Spooler Error 1068
When I try to install printer or try to start the print spooler service, I am getting an error message “Windows could not start the Print Spooler service on Local Computer Error 1068 The dependency service or group failed to start”. How do i fix that issue? I need Help !!!
If you are getting that error message “Could not start the print spooler service on Local computer. Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start” while trying to print, try to install printer, try to start the print spooler service. That means print spooler service don’t have the correct dependency as RPC (Remote Procedure Control). or might be a possibility that RPC service have not started.
In order to fix this problem, you need to follow below steps.
- Download the batch file to do the method 2 automatically.
- Download Spooler Dependency Repair.bat (Note:- Right Click on the file and Run this batch file with Administrative Privileges)
After completion please Restart your computer, You’ll get your problem fixed.
In some rare cases this is caused by an issue where there are extra dependencies that should not be there. If the above repair does not fix the issue then download the Print Spooler Registry Patch in order to remove the extra dependencies.
Change the RPC Service as their dependency from command line.
To change the print spooler dependency, back to RPCSS, Please follow the below steps
- Start the Command Prompt
- Click on start and then click on all programs and then go to accessories, In the accessories here you will see command prompt, right click on command prompt and then choose the option “run as Administrator“, a black command line screen will be opened. Now type the following command in the command line.Run these command into command prompt window.
- Run these following commands (In Red Color), inside the command prompt (CMD) one by one, type one command and then hit enter (It may take some few seconds to complete.
Net stop spooler
sc config spooler depend= RPCSS
Net start spooler
- Click on Start, then go to Run and type Regedit.exe
- Browse through for the following registry path
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Services \ Spooler
- In the right side pane, twice click on the DependOnService value
- Erase the current data, and after that type RPCSS only
- Close registry editor
- Delete any existing jobs in the spool folder (might be one of print job gone corrupt)
- Restart the computer